First: You’ll Need a Venison Tenderloin
To make Venison Tenderloin Jalapeno Poppers you’ll need venison tenderloin. If you’re a deer hunter hopefully you’ve saved a tenderloin. If not you’ll have to find a hunter willing to share. Or you could become a hunter and harvest your own fresh tenderloin this fall. Refer to our Hunting Small and Large Game post for more information on getting started.
One of our favorite recipes on the homestead!
Venison Tenderloin Jalapeno Poppers Ingredients:
- 12 whole, fresh Jalapenos halved lengthwise with all seeds and membranes removed.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened.
- 12 slices of raw thin sliced pork bacon cut in half to make 24 pieces each 4 to 5 inches long (one package of bacon usually works out perfect).
- 1 pound of venison tenderloin sliced very thin into 24 pieces.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcester sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or 2 cloves fresh crushed garlic
- 24 wooden toothpicks